– Preferences Settings
Before starting a project with PhotoScan it is recommended to adjust the program settings for your needs. In Preferences dialog available through the Tools menu you can indicate the path to the PhotoScan log file to be shared with the Agisoft support team in case you face any problems during the processing.
Here you can also change GUI language to the one that is most convenient for you. The options are: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese.
Also in the General Tab we can also change the background color.
On the OpenCL Tab you need to check that all OpenCL devices detected by the program are checked. PhotoScan exploits GPU processing power that speeds up the process significantly.
In the Advanced Tab we can customize the Depth filtering: select the mild filter for greater accuracy and click Apply. The high accuracy of the millimeter details is not always necessary , this is for example the case of monumental architecture which detail is lost in macroscale ; especially if we have to rebuild a rationalist architecture , without ornaments simply select moderate filtering or aggressive.
– How To load a set of photos
- Select Add Photos command from the Workflow menu or click Add Photos toolbar button.
- In the Add Photos dialog box browse to the folder containing the images and select files to be processed. Then click Open button. They handle 12 photos taken at a resolution of 24 megapixel.
- Selected photos will appear on the Workspace pane.
– How To remove photos
- On the Workspace pane select the photos to be removed.
- Right-click on the selected photos and choose Remove Items command from the opened context menu, or click Remove Items toolbar button on the Workspace pane. The selected photos will be removed from the working set.